Standards specific to the court
The Land and Environment Court aims to meet its own standards for the different classes of its jurisdiction. These are:
- Classes 1, 2 and 3: 95% of applications should be disposed of within 6 months of filing.
- Classes 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8: 95% of applications to be disposed of within 8 months of filing.
These standards are far stricter than the national standards used by the Productivity Commission in its annual Report on Government Services. The national standards are:
No more than 10% of lodgments pending completion are to be more than 12 months old (that is, 90% disposed of within 12 months).
No lodgments pending completion are to be more than 24 months old (that is, 100% disposed of within 24 months).
The Court also aims to deliver reserved judgments within three months of the judgment being reserved.
The Court reports on its performance in meeting these standards in its Annual Reviews.
Client Service Charter for NSW Courts and Tribunal Services
NSW courts and tribunals are committed to providing our clients with a high standard of service. We constantly strive to improve services and foster closer relationships with all clients. This Charter is evidence of our commitment to improve our service and communication with you.
The Charter sets out the services NSW courts and tribunals provide and the standards you can expect. Your feedback will guide our continued improvement.
We aim to:
- serve you within five minutes of attendance
- acknowledge telephone enquiries within five rings
- process all documents within three days.
- Information services
We will provide you with assistance and information about our services, procedures, your case and your options. We can provide information or a referral to mediation, support or legal services.
Information about our services is available at registries, over the telephone, by facsimile, via the post as well as on this website. We will continue to improve our service delivery and be responsive to the needs of our clients and the community.We aim to provide safe and accessible court, tribunal and registry facilities for all clients.
Our service commitment to you
- be courteous, respectful and professional
- act honestly, fairly and impartially
- take into account your specific needs
- provide access to our information, services, courts and tribunals
- treat your information and enquiries in confidence and with sensitivity
- make our services faster, simpler and easier to use.
Helping us help you
We ask you to:
- tell us if you have any specific needs
- let us know if you need an interpreter to use our services
- provide us with all requested information
- treat our staff with courtesy and respect
- not offer gifts, money or other favours to our staff.
We value your feedback about our services. Find out how you can give us feedback.