This part of the Court’s website is designed to provide information to Court users, legal practitioners, experts, students and the general public on biodiversity and the law.
This section is intended to act as a guide to the Court’s approach to biodiversity issues, however it does not constitute legal advice or offer any guarantee as to how a particular dispute will be decided by the Court.
Other sources of information
- Nature conservation
- Native vegetation
- Scientific Committee final determinations and list of threatened species, populations or ecological communities
- Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999
- Some of the matters of national environmental significance protected under the EPBC Act:
- wetlands of international importance, a list of which can be found here
- listed threatened species and ecological communities, a list of which can be found here
- migratory species protected under international agreements
- Commonwealth marine areas
- World Heritage properties and National Heritage places
International Union for Conservation of Nature, IUCN Red List of Threatened Species